How do clear braces work?
With Smilelign, getting straight teeth couldn’t be easier. Virtually invisible, these clear braces remove the need for unnecessary and eye-catching wires, allowing you to discreetly undergo treatment and achieve your future smile.
Smilelign consists of a series of clear braces, each marginally different in shape, that slot over your teeth and move them in small stages until they are in the desired position. They are removable, comfortable and, in comparison to fixed brackets, greatly improve your overall oral hygiene.
To begin treatment, the process is simple:
- Find your nearest provider (via the Smilelign website) and call to make an initial appointment. Here, your dentist will check your teeth are suitable for Smilelign treatment and take your impressions. The whole appointment should last no longer than an hour.
- Your impressions are sent to our UK lab, where they are scanned by a skilled technician. Meticulous planning now starts. Using specialised software, we plot the movement of each individual tooth to achieve your future smile. Your finished treatment plan is sent to your dentist.
- Your second appointment is used to show you what can be achieved, as well as for you to try pre-aligners. These function exactly as a clear brace would, but without the active pressure needed to move the teeth. This is for you to check you are happy with the treatment.
- Once approved, your aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth perfectly. Each one is worn for 3-4 weeks at a time, gently moving your teeth in accordance with your treatment plan.
- Once completed, the smile you have always dreamed of is yours! Your dentist will discuss retention with you in order to maintain your gorgeous new smile.
Begin your Smilelign journey here.